Tuesday, October 17, 2006

DARFUR HERO: Rosemary Fast-Till-Genocide-Stops

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rosemary. I am 46 years old, divorced, I live in Los Angeles County, I am an unapologetic Christian who loves most people (I admit I am fallible. I do not love our enemy that we are fighting), and I am a citizen journalist of the USA. I believe the government works best when it is held at bay, except when it comes to those things, which cannot be done by the individuals, which make up the voting bloc.

Darfur, Sudan is one such place which needs our help immediately. Today is October 7, 2006, and the genocide in Darfur is alive and well. I have been writing about it, calling Washington about it with suggestions, crying about it and now I am going to do something about it.

I have decided to join with my brothers and sisters in a nationwide hunger strike - >> JOIN RESCUE-DARFUR-FAST-TILL-IT-STOPS. I have lowered my intake to less than 1000 calories per day. I realize this is not an all out hunger strike, but I am medications that will not permit me to fulfill a full-out goal. I promise to be careful.

It really isn’t that bad. If you go to an old bookstore, they should have a nutrition book that can tell you the calorie contents of almost anything! There is also the ease of looking on the label of the products you buy. Did you know, to my shock, there are only 180 calories in a one half cup of vanilla ice cream?! (No. I haven’t eaten any. It’s too tempting.)

Many may wonder, “Why are doing this? Who will know you are on a hunger strike?” You will, if you are reading this. More importantly, God will know. Whoever you believe is God or some form of energy or nothing at all, you will know, shall you pursue this endeavor. Imagine sacrificing something of yourself for someone you do not even know? Is there a greater love than this?

You can write Washington at:
President of the United States
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20500.
You may also call at 202-456-1111.

I am not doing this for the glory. As can be verified, I wanted to remain anonymous. I was asked to write a press release to encourage others and to prove to you that you are not alone. Neither are our brothers and sisters in Darfur, Sudan. They are more important than any discomfort I may feel.

Please consider my plea that you join us in this hunger strike. They have run out of time, and this is our last measure of hope we have to offer. Thank you for reading this, and I pray you have a very nice day.

1 comment:

Henry said...

Thanks grreat blog